Goodyear ‘Meet the Driver’ competition
1. The Goodyear ‘Meet the Driver’ competition (the “Prize Draw”) is organised by Goodyear Tyres UK Limited (Company No 223064) whose registered office is at 2920 Trident Court, Birmingham Business Park, Solihull, B37 7YN (the “Promoter”).
2. The Prize Draw is open to residents of the UK aged 18 years or over, except employees (and their families) of the Promoter, its printers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the Prize Draw.
3. No purchase is necessary to enter the Prize Draw, but it is subject to strict entry requirements and you should therefore carefully read the Terms below. By submitting your details and entering the Prize Draw, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
4. Participants must have a valid Facebook account. All entries must be submitted via the UK Goodyear Facebook page. To enter the Prize Draw, entrants must Like the UK Goodyear Facebook page and tag a friend in the comments section of the post shared at 18:00 on Thursday 22nd April 2021.
5. The Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. Therefore, each participant releases Facebook or Twitter of any and all responsibility that may arise in connection with the Prize Draw.
6. The Prize Draw will run from Thursday 22nd April 2021 at 18:00 to Thursday 29th April 2021 at 23:59, and three participants will be chosen at random as the winners.
7. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault such as technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, network, or server failure.
8. Three winners will be chosen by random draw, supervised by an independent person, on Friday 30th April 2021.
9. The winners will be notified via Facebook within a maximum of twenty-four hours of the random draw.
10. The winners will each be invited to attend one video-call with either Colin Turkington, Gordon Shedden or Jack Goff (“the Prize”). Each video-call will last half an hour and each winner will be assigned a driver at random. The video-calls will be recorded and the resulting footage may be used at the Promoter’s disclosure on the UK Goodyear Facebook and Goodyear UK Twitter pages. The winners acknowledge that the footage will be used in this way and that the Promoter will not require nor will they share any of their personal details.
11. The winners will also each be awarded a pair of tickets for a BTCC event (“the Prize II”). The event will be decided after the Prize Draw has closed and will be chosen by the Promoter, to ensure accordance with the current COVID-19 lockdown restrictions. After the event has been chosen, the Promoter will notify the winners as soon as possible.
12. The winners will also each be invited to ride as a passenger on the track with either Colin Turkington, Gordon Shedden or Jack Goff (“the Prize III”). This must take place at the same event(s) for which the winners will receive a pair of tickets (Prize II).
13. The winners will be responsible for arranging transport and any accommodation required in order to claim Prize II and Prize III. The Promoter will not be responsible for providing either travel or accommodation. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any of the winners being unable to claim either Prize II or Prize III on account of either lack of access or failure to organise travel or accommodation.
14. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any of the winners being unable to claim either Prize II or Prize III on account of the date that the Promoter has chosen for the prizes to take place being unsuitable.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or reschedule Prize II and Prize III if lockdown or travel restrictions as a result of the Government's guidelines surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic render it either impossible or unsafe to go ahead. The Promoter also reserves the right to require that winners demonstrate proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test within close proximity of the event. If required, this will be requested in close proximity to Prize II and Prize III taking place.
16. No cash alternative to the Prize, Prize II or Prize III is available.
17. If a winner is unable to be contacted, or fails to reply to communications, within one week of the closing date of the Prize Draw, the Prize, Prize II and Prize III shall be deemed unclaimed or unaccepted and a substitute winner may be chosen by the Promoter. The Promoter will not be responsible for any prize that is unclaimed or declined.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize, Prize II or Prize III (such prizes will be of equal or greater value) and/or alter the Prize Draw in any way, including cancelling or amending the Prize Draw altogether if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so.
19. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Prize Draw is final and binding.
20. By entering the Prize Draw, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material, and agree to their names being published on Goodyear’s social media sites in the event of winning.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these Terms.
23. The Prize Draw will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.Bottom of Form