- Goodyear is one of the world's leading tire companies, with operations in most regions of the world. Together with its subsidiaries and joint ventures, Goodyear develops, markets and sells tires for most applications.
- Goodyear operates 49 plants in 22 countries.
- We employ approximately 66,000 people.
- 2 Innovation centers: one based in Akron (USA) and one based in Europe with offices in Colmar-Berg (Luxembourg) & Hanau (Germany)
- 4 test tracks worldwide
- Manufacturing in 9 countries
- Innovation center based in Colmar-Berg (Luxembourg) & Hanau (Germany)
- 2 test tracks (Mireval Test Circuit in France and GIC*L Test Circuit in Luxembourg)
- We employ more than 20,000 people
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of tires, with one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and operations in most regions of the world.Read More
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company was founded in 1898 by 38-year-old Frank Seiberling. He purchased our first plant with a $3,500 down payment using money he borrowed from a brother-in-law. The timing couldn't have been better. The bicycle craze of the 1890s was booming. The horseless carriage was a wide-open challenge. On Aug. 29, 1898, Goodyear was incorporated with a capital stock of $100,000.Read More